12 February 2012

Darkness


Last weekend, February 5th, marked 22 months of waiting for a referral.

Saying more than that right now would mean giving you all a glimpse of (the dark side) of where I have been lately...





4 comments:

  1. I wish there was something I could say that could brighten your day a bit without in anyway diminishing or trivializing the reality of where you're at right now. It sucks and I am sorry you're there in that place. Waiting is SO HARD. If we lived anywhere near each other I'd take you out for a cup of coffee and just let you dump the pain and frustration on ears that have been there, but since we're awfully far away, I'll just send lots of love from the west coast.

    One thing that worked well for me when I was in that place was listening to a little Franti. For some reason his usually uplifting sounds could bring out the best of the ugly cries in me - a nice purge of the dark stuff. I'll Be Waiting should do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dakota, for your message. I have been strangely "frozen" lately and it is not a pleasant place, for lack of a better way to describe it. Strange for me. Not shedding even a tear when normally I would cry a river without prompting.

      I will have to give Franti a try. Could sure use a dose of one of his live shows.

      If we did live closer, I'd surely take you up on that coffee offer.

      Delete
  2. My wife and I are in a similar situation. We made the waiting list with siblings from Ethiopia on Aug 7, 2010.
    We have no idea where we are on the "list" but we hope sooner rather than later. (Almost 19 months)
    I look forward in seeing your beer opened as it will give hope to the rest of us still waiting.
    Take Care,
    Gary from upstate NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary-- thanks for your message. Let's try to connect. Where in upstate NY are you. We are in Central NY. Feel free tosend me a PM at mbm626 at gmail dot com

      Delete