So here is the deal... this past Monday was month 20 of waiting, or one year and 8 months as the ticker above shows, or, perhaps "Why so long?" as many of you are thinking but have not asked. Thank you for not asking because I do not want to answer. Honestly... I do not know what to say, other than this: There is no news to report. It still appears that we are next on "the list" for "the call" that we are so so so anticipating. I am sorry this is not a chipper, happy, upbeat, make-you-smile update that I wish I could muster right now. If I did that, it would not be "true" to where I am.
So let me try to turn things around a bit. Months ago, probably sometime in the spring, or even longer ago than that, who knows, J was at Wegmans browsing the micro-brew section. He started up a conversation w/ the Sierra Nevada distributor guy about our (then) recent home brew creation of the Two Bean Stout (in honor of the 'two beans' from Ethiopia that we were awaiting). Well, the guy was so giddy over J's story that the guy handed J a $10 bill and this bottle of their Homegrown Ale and told him to "enjoy one on us."
So... "why am I telling you this?" you ask, as you should. Well when J came home that night, he handed me the bottle. I like reading the labels of micro-brews, especially when there is some story behind a certain beer recipe. So I read. Then, we decided that night that we would save this particular brew and open it when we get "the call." Well, the bottle has been sitting on top of our fridge collecting dust, and rattling every time you walk by, as it is up against another bottle of another tasty brew (thank you Saunders) that we have not opened yet. Waiting to celebrate, I guess...
So here comes the real reason why I am telling you all this...when we get "the call" we will not be logging on to this blog, or facebook, or sending out an email to all of you. The info about our future children we will receive w/ the call (and the photos of these children w/ the accompanying email) is all confidential. We cannot and will not post any of it. Sooooo, what we will do is post the above picture of the Homegrown Ale, likely opened and in the process of being consumed. This will indicate to you that we have indeed received "the call."
In conclusion, I can pretty much taste that aged and dusty ale. I can actually smell it, and see the color of it (even though it is in a dark brown bottle). It will be room temperature but that will not matter a bit. When you see the post that has a picture of that bottle and no words, you will know that we have received "the call," and our first glimpse of the two precious siblings who we will one day meet, and another day bring home.
After you see that post, we will, in person, be able to share with you a few details about the 'two beans' that will one day be our children. I imagine there will be some gatherings after that post.
Thanks for reading...


I am so looking forward to seeing this post. I love you and Jay, and your 2 (little) beans. .....:-) <3 Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteThats awsome! We will be waitting!
ReplyDeleteeverything will fall together soon!
-Z&R