05 October 2011

9 mos. + 9 mos. = 18

So, 18 is the number.  18 months is the estimated wait time for a sibling group (4-18 months).  18 months is the equivalent of 9 mos. + 9 mos., which is the normal amount of time you would "wait" for two biological children.  18 is also  the number of months we have been waiting as of today.

So, the anticipation meter just registered an increase of at least a few notches.  Because, of course, we have reached the upper limit of the wait time.  AND because we have been informed by Kristin and Andrew that they 'Finally!' got the "call" (they have been matched with a 5 month old girl and a 4.5 year old boy).  Wow!  So thrilled for them.  Kristin emailed me shortly after  they received their fabulous news and kindly informed me that we have moved into the number one spot on the (sibling) list of waiting families.  Kristin and Andrew were previously at the top of the list, but now we are, unofficially.  Thank you, Kristin, for keeping us in the loop.  Provided there are no other families (w/in our agency) waiting for siblings, we are indeed next for the "call."  I plan to call our case manager tomorrow to see if she can tell us something more definitive.

We'll see.

I am sure most of you know--who know how I think and operate--what a bundle of emotions I am over this, even if I am not expressing it much of the time.

So, that said, we have recently refinanced the house so we can have it paid off in 10 years (instead of thirty) and we are working on securing a few physicians/pediatricians who have experience w/ international adoption and who will give us their professional opinion once we receive our referral paperwork.

Stay tuned...hopefully we'll be back w/ another update, sooner rather than later.  Only a tad excited, really ...!@#$%^&*

No comments:

Post a Comment