13 March 2011

Really trying not to over-react...

We have been notified recently by our adoption agency of some possible changes in the processing of new adoption cases. These changes--if implemented--will significantly delay our being matched with a sibling group.

I have always thought (but rarely said) that we have run into no glitches in this process. Well, this may be our glitch, and a glitch for many other waiting parents out there.

I choose to believe that this is all happening for "just" reasons... and in the end, it is not about me, or J, or us, anyways... it is, however, about two precious Ethiopian souls and their precious biological family.

This family's blog post (Family-from-Afar) explains it all so very well.

It says says what I cannot put into words right now...

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I came across your blog in the WHFC Yahoo database and wanted to say hello! I'm Meg and my husband and I accepted a referral for sibs in Feb (we are w/ WHFC). We are currently waiting for a court date and agonizing on a daily basis how all these changes will affect the process. It's a tough process, but like you said, "it's not about me." Good luck to you!
    Meg B
    by-dirigible.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW i HAVE A BEAN OF A TEAR IN MY EYE AFTER HEARING ALL THIS. HANG IN THERE MY FRIEND, I KNOW YOU WILL MAKE THE BEST MOM EVER!( I CANT SAY HOW J IS GONNA BE CUZ I NEVER MET HIM!HAHAHAH)IT JUST MEANS THAT THEY HAVE NOT FOUND A GREAT SET OF KIDS TO COMPARE TO YOU!LUV YA! LUV REEA

    ReplyDelete