08 November 2010

Any News?

"Any news?" you ask...

"Still waiting," we say. The really good news is that we have been waiting 7 months already! Seven months as of November 5th. Seven months into what is now reported to be a 4-12 month wait (it used to be a 2-12 month wait for a sibling group). The first 6 months were pretty smooth and exciting, as we immersed ourselves in home projects and a few road trips the summer. Then, once school started in September, well, there is never a dull or down moment when it comes to school, so "keeping busy" is not too difficult. However, after that 6 month mark, the excitement at times feels more like anxiety...wondering anxiously: -when will that phone call come? -will that phone call ever come? -are they walking this Earth yet? -are they with their birth family still? -or in an orphanage yet? -are they hungry? thirsty? -do they know they are loved?

On a lighter note...When I tell people --who do not know me so well-- that I am "expecting" and I am 7 months along, they look at me funny. Then when I go on to say that 'they' will be anywhere between newborn and 48 months, a more detailed explanation is most definitely necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment