16 December 2013

Capturing November in Words...


Capturing November in words is not likely to happen at this point, at least not in the words it deserves. November was full of so many memories.  It will be summarized in pictures and captions.  
It's the best I can do right now, two weeks late ;]

5 months Family Time (Nov. 30th) 
and 17 months Around the Sun (Nov. 28th)

Dinner out w/ Cousin Sarah
A visit from Aunt Dorreen and Myah
-----

The weekend of Nov. 1-3 was one full of many smiles.  We reunited with 4 other families from Horizon House, whom we traveled with for Court or Embassy or both.  We left home on the 31st, traveling first to Essex, Connecticut to drop off our Zodiac boat to be repaired.  We chose to let Halloween go by uneventfully this year, as we were embarking on our first real road trip since becoming a family four months ago.  That was eventful enough for us three!

Thursday night found us getting a hotel in New Haven, CT because, quite simply, New Haven has an Ethiopian restaurant.  Why else?  Otherwise, we did not know where we would stay Thursday night. That is part of the adventure-mind that Jay and I are trying to maintain somewhat: planning certain things (I am a planner) and leaving some things up to chance and spontaneity (I crave doses of adventure).  It is often times hard to satisfy both of those.  Here are some moments captured from the weekend:
Here we are Halloween night w/ full bellies and ready for our hotel room.
Here is Jay and Mes getting soaked with rain during a really short trek along the beach.
Ahhh, we were in search of some local micro brews.  At last.
The 4 mile hike we were longing for.
Long Island Sound; a view along the way.
Mes and Jay both liked this leaf.  Sassafrass, I believe.
Frew is the man!
Abby Fantu is now one year old!

Live harmonica at the Brewery.  Mes was captivated.
Chalk board in the bathroom of the restaurant where we all gathered for dinner.  
The CREW!
Aberash and Mezzi
Reunited and it feels so good...
Giulia!
Our time with you all was so fun and memorable and full of goodness.  Miss you all!

-----

The slide Powers (JP) installed when we were away for Embassy!

Where is Meseret?

"Swingin' in the leaves, I'm swingin in the leaves..."

Ongoing exploration of the garden
All ready to go out on the town
This needs no words.
"Might as well make myself comfortable."
"Don't mind if I do."
Bundle up!
Snowing sideways, in the face, no problem
Tree!
Nov. 19th- Referral-versary!
Droop Dogg and EsheRoo
THE BIG DAY!
Nov. 22nd- After ALL these years!  We did it.
Nov. 22nd- Ring the bell, we are a family (in NYS)!

Myah and Mes on a cold, snowy morning.

More harmonica
Sleepy owl
On our way to Thanksgiving dinner
Bubbles!
Only Grampa can get away with giving her a freeze pop. 
Pro!
Bobbity-bobbity bull sh*t!  (great)
Post-Thanksgiving festivities.  Someone is wiped out.


This Thanksgiving, and for all of November, we were beyond-words-grateful for the blessings that surround us.

3 comments:

  1. What a month November was for you three! A family road trip, a reunion with Horizon House pals, a wedding, an adoption, a referralversary! Wow. What a wonderful time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so jealous when I see reunions. I wish I could see our Horizon House buddies way more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. xoxo to Meseret! Love, Abby Fantu :)

    ReplyDelete