08 April 2013

Five More Sunrises

Dear Sweet M--  Well, I know I have been saying "soon" for quite some time.  But this time, SOON means we will see you after five more sunrises.  When you wake up Saturday morning, we might even be there to greet you.

We have been busy around here, Sweet M, w/ all kinds of preparations.  Mostly, just me making lists:
  • Spring Break list: 30 items, all items COMPLETED
  • Pre-Court Trip list: 39 items, 8 of them COMPLETED (yikes!)
  • To Pack for Court Trip list: I will not even state how many things are on that list, NOT NEARLY completed
  • To Do for Sweet M's Room list: 16 items and growing
Those are only a few of the lists we have going.  When we are not checking things off the list, we are talking about you, the other children at Horizon House, you, where we might want to go visit when we are there, and you.

If you only knew, Sweet M, if you only knew.  You will know soon.

We are bringing a great big heavy suitcase full of donations for all of you at Horizon House!  There are so many people to thank for their donations.  This is a picture of the full suitcase.


We are grateful to have so many caring and generous family and friends.  You are loved by so many already, Sweet M, and we have not even met you yet!  Just the thought of you...

So, as I was saying, in five more sunrises we will be there to scoop you up into our arms,
to hold your hand,
to finally see you smile.

See you soon...

8 comments:

  1. It's getting so close!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last sunrise will be the most amazing one ever! Ooh, I'm getting chills, I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelly and Kristin for all the support, travel tips, and encouragement. I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you all have a wonderful trip! Enjoy your time with your boy and your time in Ethiopia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry - Enjoy your time with your GIRL! :)

      Delete
    2. No worries Zach! We had an amazing time!

      Delete
  5. I hope it all goes smoothly! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kyra! Our trip was AMAZING! I am trying to find words to describe it.

      Delete