Five days ago, in our monthly update from our adoption agency, we were elated to read this:
"...we are hopeful that we will be able to issue some new referrals before the end of the calendar year."
We both smiled... and I, of course, teared up, and we both proclaimed "That's us!"
That made my entire mindset shift from tentative to hopeful-beyond-words.
----------
this outrage, this true story, which I do not want to allow myself to believe is true whatsoever.
I am filled with utter sadness, more anger than I want to admit, and a sense of doubt that exceeds any I have felt through this entire process.
Beyond words and consumed by my thoughts.
So horrible and difficult to read, I clicked on the link hoping it wouldn't be another case of children adopted from Ethiopia being abused...
ReplyDeleteSo incredibly hard to understand on every level. We've been home w our adopted daughter for 18 months...the thought of all this just brings tears to my eyes.
There are lots of good folks adopting...for whatever that's worth.
Be well, take care, and may this process unfold in whatever way you need it to.
Amanda in Asheville, NC
I'm so glad that you are feeling hopeful again. That feeling alone is worth so, so much in this process. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteMare and Jay glad to hear the good news and so sad to hear the bad. The story was so hard to read with tears in my eyes.....I love you both and hope the call will come very soon...
ReplyDelete